The UKRR is permitted to share the following datasets for audit and research - either at an aggregate level (anonymised) or at an individual patient level (pseudonymised):
Please note, the UKRR is only allowed to release patient level data to academic and clinical organisations based in the UK – we cannot release patient level data to commercial organisations or to organisations outside the UK.
The UKRR is also permitted to share five data items from its linked UKRR-NHSBT dataset – date of transplant, donor type of transplant, type of transplant received, cold ischaemia time and human leukocyte antigen mismatch. If your application includes NHSBT-derived data and their release is approved we will ask you to fill out the NHSBT data release form – please return this to us by email and we will liaise with NHSBT on your behalf. If you wish to access a wider range of NHSBT data items see their website.
There may be a cost associated with your data request - if so, we will ask you to complete a costing form and the quote will be valid for up to 12 months.
Aggregate level data
We accept applications for aggregate data throughout the year. Applicants will be notified of the UKRR’s decision within two weeks. If your request is approved, the delivery of the data will require at least a further two weeks.
Patient level (pseudonymised) data
Please see the flow diagram for a summary of how to apply to access individual patient level data. The main steps in the process are:
- Submit an expression of interest (EoI) at any time.
- If your EoI is approved you will be invited to submit a full application form and data protection impact assessment (DPIA) at least 4 weeks prior to a Data Release Group (DRG) meeting.
- Your application and associated DPIA will be assessed at the UKRR’s DRG which meets quarterly.
- If your application is approved you will be notified within 2 weeks and you will have to complete a data sharing agreement prior to the release of any data.
Contact us if you have any queries. The DRG meeting dates in 2021 are:
- Tuesday 16th March 2021
- Thursday 10th June 2021
- Tuesday 14th September 2021
- Thursday 9th December 2021