The BAPN is an inclusive organisation open to all professionals working towards improving the care and lives of children with kidney diseases.
We welcome everyone working or training in renal units, caring for patients with kidney disease, and/or working or training in renal research to improve patient care in the future. We also welcome clinicians in other fields who have an interest in nephrology to join us as members.
The Renal Association has always provided strong leadership in informing clinical care and research and strives to develop its relationships with corporate partners and to engage with the wider corporate market. However, this requires everyone to contribute and the first step is for you to join us.
The aims of our association are:
- To set and improve the standard of medical care for children and young people with kidney disease
- To formulate and express opinions on policy concerning the care of children and young people with kidney disease
- To conduct clinical and scientific meetings in order to advance the knowledge and skills of doctors with responsibility for children and young people with kidney disease
- To conduct collaborative research, quality improvement and audit and to disseminate results
- To consider the training, continuing education and professional development of paediatricians with responsibility for children and young people with kidney disease.