ABCD and the Renal Association invite you to join them at their 5th Annual joint meeting. This meeting will be virtual and held as 2 evening sessions, on the 24 & 25 February 2021. Sessions will run from 17:30 to 19:30 PM.
Leaders renowned in the field of diabetes related kidney disease, both nationally and internationally, will discuss some of the current challenges, potential areas of intervention and new therapeutic opportunities within this arena.
There will also be opportunities to discuss new ways of working collaboratively across specialties, how new technologies for glycaemic monitoring may benefit people on haemodialysis and how we might improve patient engagement in clinical settings.
In addition there will be a symposium, looking at the latest data relating to SGLT2I and how to use these drugs in the coming years and updates on the latest guidelines being produced by the diabetes and renal guideline writing group.
Who should attend?
- Members of a MDT team caring for people with diabetic kidney disease
- Consultants and trainees in diabetes
- Consultants and trainees in renal disease
- General physicians and GPs interested in diabetes and kidney disease
- Specialist nurses in diabetes or kidney disease
- Dieticians and podiatrists with an interest in diabetic renal disease
- Anyone wishing to learn more about the challenges and opportunities relating to management of diabetes and kidney disease
For further information about these sessions, please visit the event web pages. You can register for this event here
Invitation for Abstracts
Members are invited to submit abstracts for this event. Abstracts should be no more than 250 words and related to the care of people with diabetes and kidney disease.
Authors of the top 3 highest scoring abstracts will be invited to present their work at the conference, in the form of a pre-recorded video with live questions. Those meeting the criteria for publication will also be published on the ABCD website.
Abstracts can be submitted via the online submission form. When submitting your abstract please can you confirm if you do not wish to present your work on a video and would like to submit your work for publication in the form of a poster on the website.
The deadline for submission is Monday 21 December.