Clinical Affairs Board
Chair: Paul Cockwell
The Clinical Affairs Board is focused on all aspects of local and national policy relevant to clinical practice in nephrology. It has an overall am of maximising the contribution of the Association to the care of patients with kidney disease and the planning of renal services.
Clinical Affairs Board membership
- Chair: Paul Cockwell (Clinical Vice President): (ClinicalVP@renal.org) (2017-2021)
- Medical Director, UK Renal Registry: Fergus Caskey
- Chair, Clinical Practice Guidelines Committee: Mike Robson (2017-2020)
- Chair, Clinical Services Committee: Katie Vinen (2017-2020)
- Chair, Equal Opportunities Committee: Bhavna Pandya (2015-2018)
- Chair, Clinical Data Standards Committee: Afzal Chaudhry (2012-2018)
- Chair, Patient View Committee: Neil Turner
- Chair: Renal Patient Safety Project: Katy Jones (2017-2020)
- Chair: Patient Information Committee: Rebecca Suckling (2016-2019)
- Chair: Interventional Nephrology Committee: Paul Warwicker & Aine Burns (elected members) (2016-2019)
- The President ex officio: Donal O’Donoghue
The Clinical Vice-President plays a key role in the work of the Renal Association, including reporting the recommendations of the Clinical Affairs Board to the Executive Committee for debate and ratification.
Terms of Reference
- The Clinical Affairs Board will concern itself with all aspects of local and national policy relevant to clinical practice in nephrology.
- By integrating and coordinating the work of the Committees represented on the Board, the goal will be to strengthen the contribution of the Association to the care of patients with kidney disease and the planning of renal services.
The Clinical Affairs Board will in particular:
- review and approve the proposals for annual work programmes presented to the Board by the Chair of each Committee.
- Identify opportunities for complementary work to be undertaken in parallel by the Committees.
- Identify and prioritise audit and research opportunities, ensuring these are considered for implementation by appropriate Association Committees and other bodies. Research opportunities will include epidemiology, clinical trials and health services research.
- Be consulted when the Association is asked for a view on a clinical issue. Such circumstances typically require a rapid response. The Clinical Vice-President will take e-mail advice from the Clinical Affairs Board to generate a position statement on any issue within its terms of reference.
- The Clinical Affairs Board will not concern itself with operational implementation of the strategic direction it proposes. This will continue to be devolved to the individual committees.
Renal Association Response to Consultation-National Tariff Payment
Please click here to view the response submitted for the consultation on National tariff: policy proposals for 2017/18 and 2018/19 – input from John Bradley, Alison Brown, Donal O’Donoghue and Graham Lipkin.
RA-BRS-BTS joint appeal letter against NICE transplant
Please click here to view the letter.
Date of Future Renal Association Clinical Affairs Board Meetings 2017
- Wednesday 3rd May 17-15
Dr Paul Cockwell is the Clinical Vice President Elect and takes up office at UK Kidney week June 2017
CAB Meeting Minutes
|CAB Minutes Jan 2017||docx||18.28 KB||24/02/2017||play_for_workDownload|
|CAB Committee Agenda -16th March 2016||230.61 KB||29/03/2016||play_for_workDownload|
|CAB Minutes 3 December 2013- Teleconference||35.89 KB||06/12/2013||play_for_workDownload|
|CAB Minutes May 2013- Euston Square Hotel London||80.63 KB||06/12/2013||play_for_workDownload|
|CAB Minutes Sept 2010||85.43 KB||24/08/2013||play_for_workDownload|
|CAB minutes November 2009||89.99 KB||24/08/2013||play_for_workDownload|
|CAB Minutes July 2009||76.57 KB||24/08/2013||play_for_workDownload|
|CAB minutes March 2008||doc||62.00 KB||24/08/2013||play_for_workDownload|
|CAB Minutes Nov 2007||doc||43.50 KB||24/08/2013||play_for_workDownload|
|CAB minutes July 2007||145.90 KB||24/08/2013||play_for_workDownload|
|CAB minutes March 2007||85.95 KB||24/08/2013||play_for_workDownload|
|CAB minutes October 2006||84.22 KB||24/08/2013||play_for_workDownload|