Colin Jones appointed as ‘Lead Specialist in Nephrology for Specialist Certification Examinations (SCE) Board of the RCP’
Colin Jones has been appointed as ‘Lead Specialist in Nephrology for Specialist Certification Examinations (SCE) Board of the RCP’.
Colin is ‘Educational Supervisor for Specialist Registrars training in Renal and General Internal Medicine’, an examiner for MRCP PACES and Associate Dean for Assessment at Hull York Medical School.
The role is responsible to the Chair of the Examining Board and will:
- Assist the Chairman and Medical Secretary in the running of the Examinations to ensure that all academic objectives are met.
- Attend annual meetings of the Board, convened to set Examination papers.
- Review candidate performance in the most recent diet.
- Support the officers of the Examining Board in delivering the Examination and meeting the requirements set by the regulatory body, the General Medical Council (GMC).
Assist with the development of the Examinations.
- Act on the advice of the MRCP(UK) Management Board and Examining Boards on policy and academicmatters relating to the Examinations.
Support the MRCP(UK) Central Office and the College Examination Departments on the delivery of the Examinations.