There is now a likelihood that within the next two weeks multiple renal services will be caring for patients with a COVID-19 infection. Staff infection will also occur and will pose a major additional challenge.
The Renal Association and British Renal Society are working with other professional societies, patient organisations, and industry partners to support renal services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Through this page we will provide and link to resources to support renal professionals and patients with kidney disease.
E-mail COVIDemail@example.com with queries or useful resources or documents to be shared.
- 06 April 2020 – Useful documents updated: Clinical experience in ICU, ITU guidelines in RRT
- 03 April 2020 – Statement on PPE usage for the care of dialysis patients has been made to CDs by the NHSE&I national renal network leads to CDs
- 03 April 2020 – RA guideline statement on planned/ongoing data collections and Information Governance in the context of the COVID-19 outbreak
- 02 April 2020 – COVID-19: Checklist and Guidance for management of Peritoneal Dialysis Programmes
- 02 April 2020 – Renal Association President’s Briefing
- 01 April 2020 – Updated: Guidance for clinicians with patients receiving immunosuppression treatment for autoimmune conditions of their native kidneys
- 28 March 2020 – Guidance on supply and use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)