- This event has passed.
UCL Renal Transplantation Course 2019
11/09/19 - 13/09/19
This three-day course provides an update on renal transplantation for nephrology clinicians, renal transplant surgeons and renal nurses. The course covers the clinical aspects of kidney transplants, from donor and recipient selection through to surgical and medical management post-transplant. Delegates will have the opportunity to discuss practical aspects of difficult cases.
The course aims to help with
- understanding how to assess kidney donors and recipients, the critical features of surgical transplantation, tissue typing and the medical management of kidney transplant recipients
- gaining up-to-date knowledge of acute developments in the clinical management of transplantation and its complications
- evaluating real cases of donor and recipient assessment, cross-matching and infectious complications of transplantation
- critically reflect on ways to improve current practice and the patient pathway
The course is designed for
- consultant and trainee nephrologists
- recently appointed consultant and trainee transplant surgeons
Nursing staff who specialise in this field will also find the course of interest.
Although some of the statistics and guidelines discussed on the course are UK specific, the key concepts and learning aims are relevant internationally.
Contact the Course Administrator, Kate Henderson via email or phone: 020 8106 8264