Chair: Dr Michael Robson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Committee Manager: Melanie Dillon, email@example.com
The Clinical Practice Guidelines Committee was established by the UK Renal Association (RA) to prepare guidelines for the management of patients with renal disease and help identify the data to be collected by the Renal Registry.
The RA Guidelines Committee comprises a Chair, a manager, a patient representative, a paediatric nephrologist and up to four other RA members. These RA members will usually include an executive committee member, an SpR, and a non-medical member of the renal multidisciplinary team.
Current Committee Members
- Dr Richard Borrows (RA Member)
- Dr James Burton (RA Member)
- Dr Paul Cockwell (RA Clinical Vice President)
- Ms Melanie Dillon (Committee Manager)
- Mr Rob Finnigan (Patient Representative)
- Ms Karen Jenkins (BRS Representative)
- Dr Matko Marlais (Paediatric Nephrologist & BAPN Representative)
- Dr David Rees (SpR Rep)
- Dr Mike Robson (Chair)
- Ms Hayley Wells (Renal Pharmacy Group Representative)
Roles and Responsibilities
- To consider and suggest which RA guidelines should continue to be produced and which new ones should be commissioned, taking into account feedback from RA members and existing guidelines from other organisations. These recommendations will be ratified by the Clinical Affairs Board, as specified in the guideline development manual.
- To decide which authors should be invited to produce guidelines, after inviting expressions of interest, and ensuring that the composition of the guideline development group is as specified in the guideline development manual.
- To monitor the progress of the draft guidelines to ensure they stay within the timelines specified in the guideline development manual.
- To ensure that guidelines are produced according to the processes detailed in the guideline development manual.
- To oversee the external review of draft guidelines as specified in the guideline development manual.