The UKRTN offers support to researchers by encouraging the proposal and development of research ideas.
The UKRTN will;
- Encourage submission of trial proposals for discussion by UKRTN early in their development
- Provide opportunity for proposers to attend round table discussion with the UKRTN at 4-monthly intervals
- Provide guidance and advice and, where necessary, design input for the development of trial protocols
- Provide peer review
- Provide research design advice, notably for applications arising outside England where the NIHR Research Design Service is not accessible to investigators
- Provide endorsement of trial proposals to support funding applications