Do you know a patient who would like to be part of the RA patient council?
If you are a kidney patient, a family member or carer of someone with kidney disease, we’d like you to think about joining The Renal Association’s Patient Council.
The RA Patient Council helps to connect us (the RA) and the work we are doing with people whose lives are directly affected by kidney disease. Your current experiences, views and opinions on kidney services can influence services now and in the future as we work with the renal centres, researchers and many others.
What is the RA Patient Council?
The Patient Council has been going since 2014. The RA is keen for patient care to be at the heart of everything it does. The Patient Council makes sure this happens by supporting the work of the RA and getting involved in many different ways. If you would like to have an impact on kidney care and speak for yourself and others, we would like to hear from you. We need new members to join us.
What does the Patient Council do?
The Patient Council meets quarterly and at the meetings we do a variety of things. Our role includes:
- Getting involved in new programmes of work that aim to improve the experience and outcomes for patients
- Helping to produce new patient information – leaflets, reports and posters
- Supporting the RA on issues relating to information governance – how data is managed and used, and patient consent
- Discussing new research and survey proposals and how the data from the kidney centres is being used
- Using the opportunity to encourage discussion between patients and clinicians to promote patient involvement in kidney centres as well as regionally and nationally
If you are willing to commit some time to work effectively within a team, we would like to hear from you. Patient Council members are unpaid but an allowance is available for attendance at meetings, plus travelling costs. Any training needs for this role will be provided with on-going support to help you take on these responsibilities.
If you’d like to work with The Renal Association team and other partners to make a positive contribution to the work of the RA as a member of the Patient Council, both for existing and future
renal patients, then we would love to hear from you.
Please contact Jen for more information, to chat about the Patient Council or to request an application pack.
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 0117 414 8150