The UK Renal Pharmacy Group aims to promote excellence in the provision of pharmaceutical services to renal patients and associated healthcare professionals.
The UK Renal Pharmacy Group was set up to facilitate high-quality, value-for-money education, training and research for pharmacists (and via them, other health care professionals) involved in provisions of pharmaceutical care to patients with renal disease.
To this end, the UK RPG publishes and encourages the dissemination of relevant information amongst pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, pharmacy students and associated healthcare professionals.
The UK RPG is a Forum to promote renal pharmacy, working in partnership with colleagues, including those from other specialties, both within the UK and internationally. The UK RPG also actively contributes to, and promotes, national guidance, pharmaceutical research, audit and innovation in renal medicine and pharmacy practice.
We are a non-profit organisation.
Key aims and objectives:
- To organise at least one conference per year
- To be financially viable
- To facilitate exchange of ideas and information via email cascade (Q&A)
- To facilitate training of pharmacists and other health care staff associated with care of patients with renal impairment
- To maintain a renal drug database
- To facilitate research
- To input into national guidelines
- To maintain a recommended reference/reading directory
- To liaise with other groups associated with care of patients with renal impairment
- To maintain an international perspective
- To respond to educational and training requirements of membership as indicated by annual survey